Certificate of Distinction
- Achievement of Distinction rank by audition in May of the student's junior year. In rare instances, permission for an audition in fall of the senior year may be granted.
- Studio recital performance and performance class participation every semester if applicable.
- Chamber Music/Collaborative Piano enrollment for at least one year, and participation in the Chamber Music recital.
- Instrumental or choral ensemble participation as qualified.
- Private instruction at Blair for at least two years, and at least three years for a certificate with honors.
- Pre-recital hearing for the Certificate Recital, heard by departmental and Certificate Program Council faculty.
- Performance of a Certificate Recital of at least 30 minutes of music.
- A grade point average of at least B+ in classwork and performance studies.
- Music theory study at the Blair School completing at least Level 4 of the theory curriculum, or Level 6 for a certificate with honors.
- Music history study at the Blair School for at least one year, or two years for a certificate with honors.