Home > Pre-College and Adult Programs > Certificate of Merit
Certificate of Merit
- Studio recital performance and performance class participation every semester if applicable.
- Chamber music/collaborative piano enrollment for at least one year, and participation in the chamber music recital.
- Instrumental or choral ensemble participation as qualified.
- Private instruction at Blair for at least two years, or three years for a certificate with honors.
- Pre-recital hearing for the Certificate Recital, heard by departmental and Certificate Council faculty.
- Performance of a Certificate Recital of at least 20 minutes of music.
- A grade point average of at least B+ in classwork and performance studies.
- Music theory study at the Blair School completing at least Level 4 of the theory curriculum, or Level 6 for a certificate with honors.
- Music history study at the Blair School for at least one year, or two years for a certificate with honors.