Sergei Kvitko, a dynamic pianist in the Russian tradition, brings to Blair a concert program that has been hailed by American Record Guide as “startling and dramatic,” and by Fanfare Magazine as “masterful, intuitive playing, albeit not without some interesting quirks.”
Kvitko’s program, “Of Lands and People Far Away,” will include:
- J. S. Bach/Sergei Kvitko – Prelude in C Major With a Few Added Notes
- Enrique Granados – Escenas Románticas
- Eugène Ysaÿe/Sergei Kvitko – Sonata No. 3 “Ballade”
- Modest Mussorgsky/Sergei Kvitko – Trepak from “Songs and Dances of Death”
- Modest Mussorgsky – Pictures at an Exhibition
Kvitko, who is a distinguished recording engineer as well as pianist, will also conduct a presentation titled “Performing for Microphones” at 4 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, in Instrumental Rehearsal Hall. That session is also free and open to the public.