Molly Barth to present collaborative concert event, “Together We …”

Molly Barth will present the first performance in her “Together We…” concert series September 13 in Turner Hall. The project, conceived as “an exploration of community, human spirit, and compassion,” is an outgrowth of Barth recently receiving a Chancellor Faculty Fellowship, enabling her to collaborate with inspirational colleagues worldwide, presenting concerts and creating recordings that showcase a thriving sense of humanity expressed through the arts.

“Nothing makes me happier than working on music written by my friends and performed with my friends,” said Barth. “That is an ideal that I have going into pretty much every concert that I perform.”

The September 13 event will include Blair School of Music collaborators Dashon Burton (a three-time Grammy winner), Hailey Clark, Megan Gale, Eric Wong, Felix Wang, Carolyn Huebl, Mariam Adam, and guest Phillip Patti.

Two of the composers featured on the concert will be in residence on the Vanderbilt campus on September 12-13: Ilari Kaila, a Finnish-American composer who resides and teaches in Hong Kong, and Mischa Zupko, who is the current guest composer for the Fermilab Particle Accelerator. Other featured composers include Valerie Coleman, David Lang, Scott Perkins, Amanda Harberg, Robert Muczynski and William Grant Still.

Friday, September 13 | Turner Recital Hall, 8:00 p.m.
Tickets are “Pay as You Wish” ($0 – $30) and required for admission. Reserve Tickets